review for wim

The project “what if metropolis” call someone out of a 50/50 good bad experience.  Looking back at all the expenses during this particular project I feel like my time was better spent around the main task that were needed for the course there were some aspects of other task  that ran separate from the course which cause me to go out my comfort zone a fair bit, As time management even know I was commonly adapt to managing this that and the other when it came to managing this project and the work load that came with it  Alongside mainly written work from another unit that I was doing against this project quite daunting not in physically but mentally. Since this was the project after invisible cities firstly I thought It was going to be the same sort of level of work that the first project that we did required ,Going onto the project We are introduced do the 3D program Autodesk Maya which was a key element in the construction of the 3D cities that we have now at the end of project.
Maya at first seemed Quite intimidating to me as well it came to you 3D modelling I wasn't the brightest person in the class when it came to this program; Well I Personally Think that's a lot of my classmates well also in the same boat as me. Now looking out what I did for the quantity work produced I see that it was quite similar for a good portion of the project But as we proceeded towards the territory of constructing the buildings in 3D and how we needed the necessary bits and bobs for the 3D construction, it started to get slightly daunting due to it being a new aspect of the animation course that I was learning. It wasn’t really that overwhelming as I did have people to help break down the situation for me and give it a second look before proceeding.  After trial and tribulation I was able to slowly but surely make progress with the development of the city met  with Fair amount of criticism, it was really matter of once I know I can then proceed to in no time flat.

The city itself That I have produced Now preceded the expectations that's are you originally set for how I was going to make it and also what I was going to look like, originally when I got my artist from the randomised box  I already had something in mind that was going to be mainly based around something fleshy horrific and all to do with the mind. But after receiving comments about the thumbnails that I was dishing out during the idea thumbnail period You gave me a chance to step back it gave me an idea an see how I'm going to approach it differently after looking at my artist in a little more depth. The maya lessons that we had was Simon during the weekday Was a Huge learning curve in my education for the animation course as island and abundant amount of information on Maya and on how to use it. Even learning how to produce a good angle shot to provide depth to the experience of the scene.

 To conclude I believe that this project was not a huge success for me as it was a trial and error sort of situation, But I really enjoyed the whole process in creating the city that I have and I can't wait for the next project personally because we're making characters and using sound.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minor project- OGR

minor project-reflective statement