minor project-reflective statement

 I found the minor project to be one of the tougher projects after completing the premise, the reason behind this is mainly due to the modelmaking as compared to before I was initially doing more character-based modeling is moving on to more environmental based item and designs. the initial design stage and researching wasn't too harsh for me to follow as thanks to Premise only had a general idea of where I want to go with my work, one of the major setbacks I had during the minor project time scale was the cutback of the initial set and what was can be implemented into it so instead of doing an entire street leading up to a singular attic room it was more streamlined down to the bare essentials of what was going to be shown from the book even the eaves that the book mentioned the children going through to get to the uncle's room in the first place. 

after I had the initial objects modeled mapped out another painstaking process was the layout of the room on which I was quite meticulous about where objects should go how they should be positioned in relevance to the designs that I made earlier on in the project. it was mainly a trial and error basis as when I placed an object in moved around accordingly there were certain areas of error that required attention and then placing to give the room a fair bit more detail before I was able to start filming the various shots. with the available advice I had at the time I was able to construct a shortlist of how I was going to make the animation short is quite nervous in terms of botching the initial shots that I wanted but in my personal opinion, I feel I got what exactly what I needed from shots, I do want to revisit the shots just to make sure the quality of the video is up to standard as now I know how I want to proceed shot to shot I just need to make sure that the qualities of the video isn't affecting the overall experience of it.


to conclude the minor project was a bit of a push and pull situation in terms of production quality of items and then laying them out in the room according. Obviously the list of shots I had planned for room and how they were gonna be taken where one of my few fears behind this production but now looking at it all I feel that I've gotten what I wanted out of this practice run for the final outcome obviously towards the end of this project will be more refined with textures and all. speaking of textures I can't wait into the process of texturing the room, aside from making models of objects and people I feel that texturing things may not be my biggest strong suit so moving into the major project much the camera skills I doubted I hope I can get past my fear of making rubbish texturing for the entire set and objects within it and come out with a unique presentation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minor project- OGR

movie review three act structure - matrix