Major project-refective statment

 

Major Project Reflective

 

The major project has been in my opinion one of the more smother projects, in terms of production. This is in comparison to the premise or the minor project, both of which required a build-up in terms of the content of what I was doing and how things were going to go.

When starting the major project, I was already at a satisfactory entry point with my work being on-target to achieve what I wanted to produce at the end. At points, some stages were fairly mentally challenging in terms of perfecting them compared to the premise and minor projects.

Overall, with the result now completed I feel quite satisfied with what I have produced. I set out to produce a 1-to-2-minutes animation of an environmental set from, a book that I enjoyed when I was younger (and still do). In the texturing and colour in the scenes, I made it clear that I was trying to make it “watercolour–like” as to how the illustrator for the book. But compared to her watercolours I went for something a little bit “dirtier” in my stylisation of the objects in the scenes. Which in my head not only captures the fact that I had tried to add that watercolour feeling but also making it look like it was from the 1900s and atmospheric.

Looking back at the development of this project over the three separate stages of the course beginning with the premise, then minor and then major, it has been an interesting experience. I started initially wanting to make characters and a grand production but, I found I had to work on a more realistic idea of what I could do and produce in the timeframe rather than the ideas I had in the beginning. There were bits in this development where I found it mentally taxing in terms of room construction, object details, effects & lighting that required quite a bit of meticulous attention to details.

 Even with the camera shots that I produced, I had to make an initial list of shots on how I wanted things to proceed before entering the early production making an early version of it. Overall, I found my experience on this final project to be an interesting rollercoaster and I am coming out of it knowing a lot more than I initially did when starting the idea back in premise. Learning more trick in  3D software like Maya and gaining a solid understanding of where I would like to take my career after I finish university.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minor project- OGR

minor project-reflective statement